Submit an Unemployment Claim in a Simple Way
About the Virginia Employment Commission
As a division of Virginia state government, the Virginia Employment Commission is responsible for providing Virginia residents with employment services. Employers will be able to post jobs and find suitable candidates. The unemployed and veterans will be assisted in finding jobs. Business information and services will be available online.
About the Unemployment Claim Submission of Virginia Employment Commission
By submitting unemployment claim at Virginia Employment Commission, you will be able to enjoy relevant benefits and services from it. You can browse through the jobs listed on the website and apply for the ones that interest you. Virginia Employment Commission will make efforts to help you find a job.
The procedure of unemployment claim submission is rather simple and uncomplicated. You only need create an account and enter your detailed personal information. In this way, you will be able to search for job and apply for them whenever and wherever you want. It is simple, convenient and secure.
How can you file an unemployment claim with the Virginia Employment Commission?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- Detailed personal information.
- A valid debit or credit card.
- Go to the Virginia Employment Commission website at: www.vec.virginia.gov.
- Click the button marked "Unemployed" at the top of the page.
- Click the link marked "Virginia's Online Claims".
- Click the link marked "File an Initial or Weekly/Continued Claim" at the bottom of the page.
- Click the link marked "Don't have a User ID and Password??? Click here to create a new Internet Account".
- Create your user ID and password, and enter your personal information into the required field and click the button marked "Submit".
- Follow instructions and complete the claim submission procedure.
- For further information, refer to the Virginia Employment Commission FAQ at: http://www.vec.virginia.gov/frequently-asked-questions.
If you are unemployed in Virginia, you will obtain help from Virginia Employment Commission. All you need do is to file an unemployment claim and Virginia Employment Commission will exert efforts to provide unemployment benefits, including browsing through the jobs wanted, applying for them and other relevant services.