First formed on July 26, 1775 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, The United States Postal Service (USPS), also known as the Post Office and U.S. Mail, is now a successful agency with an annual budget of around $70 billion. Headquartered in Washington D.C., USPS is an independent agency of the United States government offering postal service all over the nation. It is legally obligated to serve all Americans, but still competes against private package delivery services like UPS and FedEx.
About Job Application Online
As a national postal service agency, the United States Postal Service employs over 574,000 workers and operates over 218,000 vehicles. Now it welcomes all interested Americans as well as people from foreign countries to apply for jobs here. There are various available jobs listed on its website, you can conveniently find the ones you like and apply for them. In order to apply for jobs at USPS, you'll need a valid email address and an eCareer Profile.
Working at the United States Postal Service would never be a bad choice. USPS provides managerial and leadership training programs to help emplyees achieve their dreams. In addition, competitive compensation and great benefits are offered to all employees. Premium benefits and high safety standards are also essential parts of the USPS career.
How Can You Apply for a Job Online at USPS？
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- A valid email address.
- An eCareer Profile.
- Go to the job application page of USPS at http://about.usps.com/careers/welcome.htm
- You'll find several sections of detailed information about Workplace Culture, Compensation & Benefits, Career Development and so forth. Click the buttons marked "GO" in each section to view the information.
- Find the link "Search Jobs & Apply Online" and click on it.
- Enter the key words of the job you are interested in, choose the location and function area of the job, fill in the city name and zip code, and then click "Start".
- If there are suitable jobs available, you'll get a list of opening jobs in the next page. Click to select a position title to see details and apply.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the application process.
- For further information, refer to the FAQ center at http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usps/request.do?create=kb:USPSFAQ&view()=c%5Bc_usps8327%5D
If you are interested in working at USPS and enjoy the many benefits it provides, go apply for a job and be a member! The application process can be completed online within a short time, which is very convenient.