About Texas Department of Public Safety
The Texas Department of Public Safety, as a department of the government of the state of Texas, is obligated to enforce statewide law and regulate vehicle. It consists of 15 divisions, including administration, criminal investigations, driver license division, emergency management, finance and other important divisions.
About the Online Service of Texas Department of Public Safety
The Texas Department of Public Safety provides online service that allows drivers in the state to check the current surcharge accounts and pay the surcharges. The surcharges do not include other reinstatement fees used for other administrative determinations, disqualification or suspension, e.g.
By accessing Texas Surcharge account, you will be able to check your account information and pay the surcharges whenever and wherever you want. With no need to queue up, you can simply complete the procedure via the internet. In addition, the service is free of charge.
How can you access Texas Surcharge account online?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- Current Texas Driver License or I.D. Card number.
- The reference number from the Surcharge notice letter.
- A valid credit or debit card.
- A valid checking, savings, or money market account.
- Go to the Texas Department of Public Safety Driver Responsibility Surcharge Online Services website at: www.txsurchargeonline.com
- Click the button marked "Online Services" at the top of the page.
- Enter the Texas Driver License or I.D. Card number, date of birth, last name and zip code into the required field.
- Click the button marked "Login".
- For further information, refer to the FAQ at: https://www.txsurchargeonline.com/FAQ.aspx.
If you are a driver in Texas, if you have surcharges to pay, you do not need to queue up to pay for them anymore. Within a few minutes, you will be able to complete the payment on the internet. Login the Texas Surcharge account, and you will be able to complete payment immediately.