About the Texas Workforce Commission
Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) is part of the Texas state agency, which aims to provide workforce development services that can help to promote and support an effective workforce system for employers and job seekers of Texas. TWC provides employers, individuals and communities in Texas with various workforce-related programs and services, such as Unemployment Benefits program, Child Care services, Rapid Reemployment services and more.
About the Unemployment Benefits Services Application
The Texas Unemployment Benefits Service is one of workforce-related services provided by Texas Workforce Commission and funded through employer taxes. If you are a worker who has lost your job through no fault of your own, you can apply for this Unemployment Benefits services to get temporary income from Texas Workforce Commission through this Unemployment Benefits program. If you want to apply, you need to sign up first at TWC website, login to the service system and follow instructions to complete the application process.
The Texas Unemployment Benefits online service system is an easy and convenient way for eligible applicants to apply for your unemployment benefits claim online. For detailed instruction and further information, refer to the Unemployment Benefits Services Tutorial Brochure at: http://www.texasworkforce.org/ui/bnfts/benefits-tutorial.pdf
How to apply for unemployment benefits at Texas Workforce Commission?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- Your Social Security Number.
- Your employment information, including your last employer's business name and address, first and last dates/month/day/year you worked for your last employer, number of hours you worked and the pay rate if you worked this week, and information related to your normal wage.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, you're required to provide your Alien Registration Number.
- Go to the Texas Workforce Commission website at: http://www.texasworkforce.org, and click on the link marked "Apply for Unemployment Benefits & Request Payment".
- On the new page, click on the link marked "Apply for Benefits" and you'll be led to Workforce Commission's Unemployment Benefit Services logon page.
- Click on "sign up for a User ID". Enter your personal information, leave your email address, choose a user ID and password to create a user ID and password.
- Login to Workforce Commission's Unemployment Benefit Services portal, and follow instructions to complete your application by entering your personal information and last employment information.
- For further information, refer to the Unemployment Benefits Services FAQ at: https://services.twc.state.tx.us/UBS/changeLocale.do?language=en&country=US&page=/portalfaq.do.
If you want to get unemployment benefits in Texas, go to Texas Workforce Commission website to apply for your unemployment benefits claim. And, it’s free!