About O2 (UK)
O2 (UK) is officially named as Telefonica UK Limited and it is a telecommunications, internet and financial services provider which is based in the United Kingdom. O2 (UK) is owned by Telefonica and it forms part of its Telefonica Europe division. Founded in 1985, it has become the second-largest telecommunications provider in the UK.
About Keep Your Mobile Number Service at O2
O2 (UK) offers an online service to help its customers to keep their mobile numbers. Customers need to request a porting authorization code (PAC) from their current service provider and give it to O2 and O2 will do the rest to help them keep their mobile number. Customers also need to fill out a form created by O2.
By filling out the “keep my number form”, you can keep your mobile number. What is more, O2 has presented detailed instructions online to make the form filling process easy and simple. You can fill out the form whenever and wherever it is convenient for you.
How to fill out the “keep my number form” to keep your existing mobile number?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- You need to have requested a PAC from your current service provider.
- You need to have a valid email address.
- You need to buy an O2 mobile or buy a new sim.
- Go to the website of O2 (UK) at www.O2.co.uk and then click on the link marked “Keep your mobile number” at the right column of the website.
- Click on the button marked “keep my number form”.
- Select the type of account and the type of phone you have from the drop-down menus.
- Enter your mobile phone number, first name, last name, and email address into the required boxes, confirm your email address, and then click on the button marked “Next”.
- Follow instructions to complete the process.
- If you need help, you can go to http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(Mobile),CASE=12343
The service that allows you to keep your mobile number service that is provided by O2 is really convenient and helpful, but you must remember to save your important contacts and text messages since they might get lost during the transfer process.