About the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development was headquartered in 1 John Fitch Plaza Trenton. It is a governmental agency of state of New Jersey, and executed by Commissioner Harold J. Wirths. It is aimed to provide service to productive workforce to gain the right job, and help New Jersey’s economy thrive.
About The Unemployment Claim
If you worked in New Jersey in the past 18 months, and you have not worked for the federal government, not served in the military or worked as a maritime employee in the past 18 months. And if you do not reside outside the United States and don't want to reopen or file an Extended Benefit Claim, then, you can file an unemployment claim.
By filing an unemployment claim at New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development, you can manage your account easily. You can get your unemployment insurance benefits faster through internet. And you can claim a weekly benefit payment, or add direct deposit information to your existing claim, and you can update your address information to your existing claim.
How To File An Unemployment Claim At New Jersey Department Of Labor and Workforce Development?Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A device with internet access.
- Social Security Number.
- A valid email address and telephone number.
- Go to the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development website at http://www.njuifile.com
- Click on the button marked,"File An Unemployment Claim".
- Read the conditions of File A Claim, and then click on the button marked,"File A Claim".
- Then click on the button marked,"No".
- Enter your personal information, create online ID and password, select two security questions and answer them, and enter the code exactly as it is shown as required, then click on the button marked,"Create My Account".
- For further information, refer to the New Jersey official FAQ website at http://www.nj.gov/faqs/index.html