About Cricket Wireless
Cricket Wireless, a subsidiary of Leap Wireless, was founded in the state of California in 1999. The company specializes in offering wireless services to telecommunications customers in the United States. Cricket Wireless operates the seventh largest wireless telecommunications network in the country. They also offer a popular music service called Muve.
About sending a text online with Cricket Wireless
Sending text messages online through the Cricket Wireless website is a service that is provided free of charge to Cricket Wireless subscribers. This service is primarily targeted to those Cricket Wireless customers that own cell phones that do not support text messaging service. Online text messaging is easy to do and quite convenient.
By using the online text messaging service provided by Cricket Wireless, you can send text messages anytime and anywhere you want, on any computer that has internet access. This way, even if your cell phone or smart phone does not support text messaging, you can still message back and forth with your friends. It’s easy to use and, best of all, free for Cricket Wireless customers.
How can you send a text online with Cricket Wireless?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- You must be a Cricket Wireless subscriber with a valid phone number.
- Go to the Cricket Wireless website at: www.mycricket.com and click on the link at the far upper right-hand corner of the page marked, “send text.”
- Enter the phone number of the person you want to text. (You may enter up to five different phone numbers and they will all receive your message.) Next, enter your phone number and your message. (Your message cannot exceed 143 characters in length.)
- Select the correct puzzle pieces as directed from the security puzzle and then click on the button marked, “send text.”
- If you have any further questions about text messaging with Cricket Wireless, please consult their FAQ on this subject at: www.mycricket.com/support/topic/Text-Messaging
If you are a Cricket Wireless subscriber but your phone does not support text messaging, do not worry! You can still send text messages by going to the Cricket Wireless website and sending your text online.