Halifax is a banking brand owned by the Bank of Scotland, which is the second oldest bank in the United Kingdom, with over 300 years of history. Bank of Scotland is part of the Lloyds Banking Group. It leads the United Kingdom as the number one provider of residential mortgages and savings accounts.
About Halifax Online Banking
Halifax online banking is a way for holders of Halifax bank accounts to access and manage their accounts over the internet. Registration for personal online banking is quick and using their management system online is easy. Most importantly, all of your personal financial information is carefully protected on secure websites.
Halifax online banking will let you review your account balance and recent account activity, generate bank statements, transfer funds to other accounts, pay bills, keep all account information current and correct, and apply for products as well as keep informed of new features and offers that might interest you.
How can you register for Halifax Online Banking?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- An account with Halifax Bank.
- Go to the Halifax Online Banking homepage at: www.halifax.co.uk
- Click on the link marked, "Register," in the box in the upper right corner of the page labeled, "Online Banking."
- Enter your personal information and your account details into the required fields, then choose a password.
- Tick the box indicating that you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions and then enter your email address into the required field as well as tick the box indicating whether or not you would like to occasionally receive information about products and services from Halifax. Finally, click on the button marked, "Continue"
- Complete the registration process as directed and begin managing your Halifax account online.
- For further information about Halifax Online Banking, please refer to the Halifax information page at: http://www.halifax.co.uk/aboutonline/home.asp
If you have an account with the Halifax bank then I really recommend that you register for online banking. The service doesn’t cost anything and it can end up saving you a lot of time and trouble by making it easier for you to handle some routine banking affairs over the internet. Some business still requires a personal appearance down at a branch office, but online banking lets you handle a lot of the little things from home.