About TRICARE and Express Scripts
TRICARE is a health care coverage system created for the United States Military that serves military personnel, retirees and their families. It is primarily focused on providing coverage for civilian care. Express Scripts is a company based in St. Louis, Missouri that manages pharmacy benefits as well as controls a massive medication mail order program, which covers all fifty states, Washington D.C. and all U.S. territories. TRICARE is one of their biggest clients.
About the Express Scripts TRICARE Pharmacy Program
The Express Scripts TRICARE Pharmacy Program is available to anyone eligible for TRICARE coverage. Once you activate your program with Express Scripts you will be able to place orders for your medications and medication refills over the internet and then have them delivered right to your home. Sign up is quick and easy and all of your personal medical information is guaranteed to remain absolutely confidential.
By activating your Express Scripts TRICARE Pharmacy Program you can easily place orders to have your medications delivered to your doorstep. Getting refills is even easier, and the program also allows you to compare prices on different versions of the same drug. Once an order is placed, you can track it through Express Scripts online system.
How can you activate Express Scripts TRICARE Pharmacy Program?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- You must have a TRICARE account.
- Go to the Express Scripts TRICARE Pharmacy Program website at: http://www.express-scripts.com/TRICARE/
- Click on the link on the far left side of the screen marked, "Activate your account," beneath the heading labeled, "NOT REGISTERED YET?"
- Read the privacy statement and then enter your Sponsor’s ID Number into th required field.
- Enter your personal information, zip code and email address into the required fields and then click on the button marked, "Next."
- Complete the activation process as directed and then your account will be activated. Activation of your account does not automatically make you eligible for the TRICARE Pharmacy Program. This will be determined when you fill your first prescription.
- For further information regarding the Express Scripts TRICARE Pharmacy Program, please consult their FAQ at: http://www.express-scripts.com/TRICARE/faq/
If you have TRICARE coverage as military personnel, a veteran or a dependent of the same, then you really should activate you TRICARE pharmacy program with Express Scripts. Express Scripts provides excellent medication home delivery and you’ll be able to check your deliveries online. The system is fairly easy to use and it a good way to get better value out of your health benefits.