Manages an EBT Card Online Easily and Conveniently
ACS, also known as Affiliated Computer Services, is a subsidiary company of the Xerox corporation. It is an information technology company providing business and computing solutions primarily to government agencies and non-profit organizations.
About EBT Card
The EBT Card, also known as the Electronic Benefit Transfer Card, is a type of debit card created and managed by the ACS corporation. This card is a way for people who are eligible to receive state benefits, such as unemployment insurance, food stamps and so on, to get their benefit checks directly deposited into their EBT cards. Your EBT card account can be accessed and managed online, as one would with a normal debit card from a bank.
Managing you EBT card online is a much more convenient way for you to receive benefits. Instead of waiting for a check to arrive in the mail, benefit funds will be directly deposited into the card which can then be used like a normal debit card at ATMs and stores. Managing your card online will allow you to view recent card activity and make sure you always know how much money you have on hand. It is also safer and more secure than using checks or cash, since the card can be easily cancelled if it is lost or stolen.
How can an EBT cardholder manage his or her EBT card online?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- A valid Social Security Number.
- An EBT card.
- Go to the EBT card website at: https://www.ebt.acs-inc.com/.
- If this is your first time managing your EBT Card online, you will need to create a user account. In this case, select your state from the drop down menu under the section marked, "Create User Account."
- Fill in your Social Security Number, birth date and card number, then create a User ID and Password. Finally, click on the button marked, "Submit."
- Complete the User Account creation process and then enter your account to begin managing your EBT Card.
Relying on government benefit checks is never very much fun, but it can mean the difference between eating and going hungry, paying the rent or getting kicked out. Managing your EBT card online is a great way to stay on top of your benefits so you know exactly what you resources you have. The EBT card is a big improvement over the old system of waiting around on the first of the month for the check to show up in the mail and then having to run off to some shady check cashing place because you can’t wait for it to clear at a bank or can’t meet a bank’s minimum balance requirements.