About the Georgia Department of Labor
The Georgia Department of Labor is a division of the government of the State of Georgia that is responsible for the administration of labor laws. They are also tasked with providing resources and assistance to those who are attempting to find a job as well as employers looking for talented people. They also manage the state’s unemployment insurance program.
About the Georgia Department of Labor’s Job Seeker Services
The Georgia Department of Labor provides a wide range of job seeker services designed to help people unemployed or otherwise looking for work find good jobs and generally improve their chances of getting hired. These services include a massive searchable job database as well as education and training to improve one’s job skills.
Using the Georgia Department of Labor’s job seeker services is easy and convenient. Just get online at any computer at your home, office, public library or wherever and get started with your job search. The services they provide are totally free. There are thousands of job listings, with employers around the state adding new ones all the time.
How can you find a job with the help of Georgia Department of Labor?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- You must have a computer with internet access.
- You must be a legal resident of the State of Georgia.
- Go to the Georgia Department of Labor’s homepage at: www.dol.state.ga.us
- Click on the tab at the upper left hand corner of the page marked, "Job Seekers."
- Click on the link marked, "Find a Job."
- Click on the link marked, "Georgia Jobs Plus."
- Choose how you would like to search for a job. You may search using a keyword, say for a certain industry or position, or you may search by looking for a job category in the drop down menu. After you have chosen, enter your City, State or zip code into the required field as well as a mile radius in which you would like find a job, then click on the link marked, "Search Jobs."
- Choose a job that interests you from the list of results that come up by clicking on it.
- Contact the employer that posted this job listing by following the instructions and using the contact information noted in the job listing. Good luck!
The economy is in terrible shape right now and a lot of people out there are out of work and having a tough time searching for a job. Luckily, there may be resources out there you don’t even know about. If you are a legal resident of the State of Georgia and are looking for work, you should definitely try the Georgia Department of Labor’s online job seeker database. They have a lot of resources to help you in your search.