About Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is the government agency of the State of Pennsylvania which provides all kinds of social services such as health, employment, tax, security and job skills education and so on to the citizens of Pennsylvania. It aims at providing helpful and convenient social services for its citizens.
About the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Department of Labor & Industry
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Department of Labor & Industry is a branch of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. It focuses on social services related to labor and industry and it aims to improve the quality of life and economic security for Pennsylvania workers and businesses, encourage labor management cooperation and prepare the commonwealth’s workforce for jobs in the future. It also provides unemployment compensation services for the citizens of Pennsylvania.
By filing for Pennsylvania unemployment compensation online, you do not need to go to the office during their business hours and wait to be helped to complete the application process. You can do it online by using your PC to save yourslef time and energy.
How can you file for Pennsylvania unemployment compensation
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- You need to have lived and worked in Pennsylvania during the last 18 months or lived in a bordering state and your last employer needs to have been a Pennsylvania employer.
- You are currently unemployed and are looking for a job.
- You need to have your social security number, your address, and your last employer’s complete name, address and zip code handy.
- Go to The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Department of Labor & Industry and click on the link marked “Unemployment Compensation”.
- Click on the button marked “File an Initial Claim”.
- Choose English or Spanish as the view language. Take English as an example. Click on the button marked “English”.
- Read the statement and click on the link marked “Click here” to continue the filing.
- Read the instruction questions and answers if you need and click on the link marked “Click here” to go directly to the online application for unemployment compensation benefits.
- Read the instructions and click on the button marked “Click here to continue with Application”.
- Enter your personal information into the required boxes, choose the answers for the questions, and then click on the button marked “Next”.
- Follow instructions to complete the applications process.
If you meet the requirements for Pennsylvania unemployment compensation, you can go to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Department of Labor & Industry website to apply for UC benefits online. It is much more convenient than going into the office.