With nearly twenty years in the industry, CarMax is the biggest and most popular used car dealer in the United States of America. A Fortune 500 company, they have over 100 locations across the country. They were named by Fortune magazine as “America’s most-admired company in automotive retailing,” as well as one of the best companies to work for.
About Selling a Car to CarMax
CarMax is always buying cars from owners across the country. If you want to sell you car, then you can go to the CarMax website and arrange for them to give you a free appraisal of your automobile. To get your appraisal, you must go to a CarMax location, where a representative will inspect your vehicle and take it for a test drive. The appraisal is good for seven days, during which time you can choose to sell your car to CarMax.
Selling your car to CarMax is remarkably easy. The process of going to their website and setting up an appointment for an appraisal is very simple and convenient. Once you have got your appraisal, CarMax is willing to pay that amount of cash to you up front for a period of seven days. It’s an easy way to sell your car quickly without a lot of complicated haggling.
How can you sell a car to CarMax?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- You must own an automobile that you want to sell.
- You must be able to drive your car to a CarMax location to get an appraisal.
- Go to the CarMax website and click on the link marked, “Start at CarMax” in the box on the right labeled, “Selling your car?”
- Read through the introductory information about the car-selling process at CarMax and then click on the button marked, “Request An Appraisal.”
- Enter you location, name, contact information, what time you would like to come to a CarMax location, and any questions you may have. Then, click on the button marked, “Submit.”
- CarMax will respond to your request within one hour to set up a time to see you and appraise your automobile.
- If you have any questions about selling your car to CarMax, please refer to their FAQ on this subject at: www.carmax.com/enus/we-buy-cars/we-buy-cars-faq.html
If you want to sell your car quickly and easily, without taking out a lot of classified advertisements or haggling with potential buyers, then getting it appraised and selling it to CarMax is one of your easiest options. Depending on what kind of salesman you are, you may not get as much money as you would selling it to an individual buyer, but it is extremely convenient and straight-forward.