AT&T is an international telecommunications corporation which is based in the United States. It was founded in 1983 and currently it has become the second-largest mobile and fixed telephony provider in the United States, as well as the 7th-largest company in the United States by total revenue. The products and services AT&T offers include fixed line and mobile telephony, broadband and fixed-line internet services, and digital television.
About Repair Request at AT&T
AT&T provides comprehensive post sale services for their customers. The AT&T troubleshooting & resolution center is one of its service centers, which can help you make repairs and resolve customer service problems. Customers can find a solution to their problems, request repairs, and update, cancel or check the statuses of repairs.
By requesting a repair at AT&T, you can find a solution to your problem. You can also update, cancel or check the status of your repair online easily and quickly. Since it is conducted online, it is very convenient.
How to request a repair at AT&T?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- You need to be an AT&T customer.
- Go to the AT&T troubleshoot & resolve website at www.att.com/repair
- Select the type of service with which you have a problem. Take wireless as an example. Click on the button next to “Wireless” and then click on the button marked “Continue”.
- Follow instructions to make a selection for device-specific help: select device type, select device brand and so on.
- Follow instruction to request a repair for your AT&T product or service.
The repair request website provided by AT&T is not that clear and the website of AT&T is not so easy to navigate as well. There is too much information which can be a little confusing to wade through.