Administered by the U.S. federal government since 1965, medicare is a national social insurance program aimed to guarantee qualified Americans the health insurance. Medicare.gov is the official U.S. Government site for medicare. On this website, you can find almost everything related to your medicare and manage your health insurance online.
About applying for medicare only online
To help people save their precious time and make their medicare application more convenient, Medicare.gov allows them to apply for their medicare only online. The online application process is simple and easy, which takes only several minutes. Furthermore, no paper work is required, and the Social Security contacts you only when it needs more information. Otherwise you won't get troubled.
Applying for medicare only online saves a lot of trouble. Instead of having to waste time driving to a local Social Security office or wait for an appointment, now you can make the application online at home. Your application will be processed by the Social Security and once it's done, you’ll receive your Medicare card in the mail.
How can you apply for medicare only online?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- You must be at least 64 years and 9 months old.
- Your Social Security Number.
- Go to the homepage of mymedicare.gov at https://www.mymedicare.gov/.
- Put your mouse on the tag marked "Sign Up/ Change Plans". There will be a pop-up list. Find "Apply for Medicare online" and click it.
- You will be directed to the official site of U.S. Social Security. Find the button marked "Apply for Medicare Only" and click on it.
- In the section titled "To Start the Application Process", click "I am applying for myself". Then click "I am not blind or visually impaired; or, I am not applying for myself" and then click on the button marked "Apply for Benefits".
- Fill in your personal information as required and click "Next".
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete.
- For further information, watch the video instruction on how to complete the application at http://www.socialsecurity.gov/hlp/video/iclaim_r01.htm
- For blind or visually impaired applicants, they can use the Internet Special Notices Option page at http://www.socialsecurity.gov/notices/ to choose how to receive notices from Social Security.
Everyone needs medicare but no one needs trouble. Medicare.gov helps you apply for your medicare online to save you a lot of trouble. Spend several minutes to sign up and you can submit your application very conveniently at Medicare.gov.