Set Up Your Roku Player to Enjoy Watching Videos
Roku is a consumer electronics company selling home digital products in US. Founded in 2002 in Saratoga, California by Anthony Wood, Roku has its name meaning “six” in Japanese, which symbolizes the six companies Wood had set up. Roku mainly produces consumer electronics such as network music player and media player.
About Roku Player
The Roku player was launched in 2008, which is designed to use the internet to deliver movies from Netflix instantly on TV. Since then, Roku has enjoyed a popular fame in the field of TV entertainment as outstanding streaming players with the newest technology and high quality.
With a Roku player, you can watch streaming Internet programming which is available at several commercial websites on your television. Connected to a wireless router and to your television, it allows you to watch streaming videos which you have chosen in the video store.
How can you set up a Roku player?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- You need to have a power outlet to which the Roku player can be plugged.
- You need to have an appropriate video cable to connect your Roku with TV.
- You need to have access to the internet.
- Plug your Roku player to a power outlet and connect it to TV with a video cable which suits your television.
- Connect the Roku player with your router, either wireless or wired is OK.
- Turn the Roku player on, and select the internet connection you are using between “wired” and “wireless”.
- Set the time zone with the Roku remote, and use your PC or Mac to visit the online setting-up page at: http://www.roku.com/link.
- Enter the code shown by your Roku player on your TV screen.
- Create your Roku account, or login your Roku account, and finish the linking by setting a payment method and selecting your initial channel lineup.
- If you still find any difficulty, you can get help at: http://support.roku.com/entries/244199-how-do-i-set-up-my-roku-player.
Before enjoying watching steaming online videos on your television with your Roku player, you need to set up it first. Connect your Roku player to a power outlet, to your TV and to a router, finish the setting up online at the website of Roku, and then it is time to have fun!