Find a doctor from The Permanente Medical Group
About The Permanente Medical Group
The Permanente Medical Group is a managed health care corporation that is part of the health care giant, Kaiser Permanente. For over sixty years Kaiser Permanente, based in California has been a leader in health care in nine of the United States. They have 8.7 million health plan members and employ nearly 15,000 doctors.
About searching for and selecting a doctor from The Permanente Group
The Permanente Group has an online search application at their website that allows customers to enter some simple personal information and then find a doctor appropriate to their needs in their area. The website is created to make it easier for people to find the health care they need in a quick and convenient fashion.
The major benefit of using The Permanente Group’s online resource for searching out and selecting a doctor is that all of the doctors are approved by The Permanente Group and it is easy to find one in your area. The process also allows you to find a doctor that meets your particular health needs. Their website is easy to use and the search only takes a few minutes.
How can you search for and select a doctor from The Permanente Medical Group?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- You must be a member of a Kaiser Permanente health plan.
- Go to The Permanente Group’s My Doctor Online website at: www.kp.org/mydoctor.
- If you know a doctor’s name and want to contact him or her, enter his or her name into the required fields and then click on the button marked, “Search Directory” to find his or her website.
- If you need help in choosing a doctor, click on the button marked, “Choose a Doctor.”
- Click on the button marked “Go to Search,” or, if you have your health record information handy, enter your name and health record number into the fields shown and click on the button marked, “Sign in to Choose.”
- Search for available doctors by specialty and location, and, if you choose, sort them by language or gender.
- Select a doctor and then access his or her information so that you may contact this doctor and make an appointment.
- If you have any questions about The Permanente Group website or its terms and conditions, please consult their Terms and Conditions page at: http://mydoctor.kaiserpermanente.org/ncal/mdo/terms_and_conditions.jsp.
If you are a member of a Kaiser Permanente health plan, then you really ought to try using The Permanente Group’s online resource for finding and selecting the doctor that is right for you. The resource is easy to you and will quickly find a doctor in your area that is right for you.