Find help for older adults with Eldercare
Eldercare is an agency operating under the United States Department of Health and Human Services that awards grant money every year to different states to support programs related to care for elderly Americans. These programs for the elderly are created as part of the Older Americans Act to help meet the needs of America’s elderly.
The Eldercare Locator is a website created by the Administration of Aging under the US Department of Health and Human Services to help people find local community services for a number of different issues affecting the elderly. These include healthcare, nutrition, housing, financial aid, transportation, legal assistance and so on. The information is all provided free of cost.
The Eldercare Locator website is easy to use and its database of information and resources for the elderly is regularly updated. You can quickly and easily search for the services you need in your area. You can search by state or zip code for any number of different types of service. The government offers a lot of help to elderly folks in need and this website is an easy way to gain access to it.
How can you find help for older adults?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- You must be a resident of the United States.
- Go to the Eldercare Locator website at: www.eldercare.gov.
- Select the type of help that you are looking for from the scrolling menu on the right.
- Enter your zip code or city and state in the search fields and then click on the button marked, “Search.”
- Review your search results and click on the links that best suit your particular elder care needs.
- If you need to find some fast facts about elder care, please consult their handy factsheets at: www.eldercare.gov/Eldercare.NET/Public/Resources/Factsheets/Index.aspx.
If you require some kind of assistance for the elderly, either for yourself or a loved one, then you really ought to check out the Eldercare website. This site, run by the government, is easy to use and will help you find elder care assistance in your area.