About the Federal Trade Commission
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), created in 1914 by the Federal Trade Commission Act, is an independent federal agency which works for protecting consumers from fraud, deception, and unfair business practices, and preventing anticompetitive mergers and other anticompetitive business practices in the marketplace.
About Free Annual Credit Report
AnnualCreditReport.com is the only official source providing consumers with the secure and convenient ways to request and obtain a free annual credit report under federal law once every 12 months from each of the three nationwide consumer credit reporting companies - Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. Consumers have options to request their free report online, by phone or by mail.
It's quick, easy and secure to request a free annual credit report at AnnualCreditReport.com. The annual credit report will help monitor your credit, correct errors and detect unauthorized activity. It is important to check your credit report yearly and make sure your account is free from fraud. Moreover, you will be asked to provide your up-to-date credit report when applying for credit, insurance, employment, and renting a home.
How can you request a free annual credit report?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- Your personal information including your name, date of birth, Social Security number and address.
- Go to the Free Credit Report website at: http://www.freecreditreport.gov
- You can request your free report online, by phone or by mail. If you would like to request your free report online, click on the link of AnnualCreditReport.com.
- Select your state and click on the button marked "Request Report".
- Provide your personal information including your name, date of birth, social security number and address. Then, enter the correct security characters and click on the button marked "Continue".
- You can request all three reports at once or order one report at a time, and then click on the button "Next" to continue.
- Follow the instructions to fill out the required forms and answer the security questions to access your free report.
- Review the credit report. You can print your report by selecting the "Print" option on the web page.
- For further information, refer to the FAQs at: https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/helpfaq.
If you need a copy of your annual credit report, you can request and print it at the AnnualCreditReport.com now! It's free!