About the UK government.
UK government provides digital service for people in the United Kingdom, Directgov is one of them. There is a central Directgov team in the government departments worked to develop the content of it. This website offers official information focused on specific topics and audiences. The visites of it are more than fifteen million a month. .
About the Online Service
Directgov is one of the digital service for people, it is designed to serve users' needs. For example, it provides services for motorists, disabled people and parents. There are several motoring services available online, such as applying for driving licence online, and apply online to renew a driving licence at age 70 or over.
By applying online to renew a driving licence at age 70 or over, you will be offered a quicker service. Your driving licence will be sent to you within two weeks after submitting your application. And you can view your online driver licence applications at anytime, anywhere.
How to apply online to renew a driving licence at age 70 or over?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- Your driving licence.
- Your UK passport and your National Insurance number, if you have one.
- Details of previous addresses.
- A computer with internet access.
- Go to the directgov apply online website at: http://www.direct.gov.uk/renewalat70
- Click on the button marked "Next".
- Read the information you need to know, and then click on the button marked,"Apply Online".
- Then click on the button marked "Register".
- Then click on the button marked "Next".
- Enter your personal information and then click on the button marked "Next".
- For further information, refer to the directgov apply online help website at: https://motoring.direct.gov.uk/service/DvoConsumer.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=HEL&answerKey.
SummaryIf you apply online to renew a driving licence at age 70 or over, you will be offered a quicker service. It is really convinient.