About TD Ameritrade
TD Ameritrade is an online broker which is based in the United States. It has over 6 million customers in the U.S. and also many more customers overseas. It was founded in 1971 and has grown rapidly through acquisition to become the 746th-largest US firm in 2008. TD Ameritrade offers services including common and preferred stocks, futures, ETFs, option trades, mutual funds, fixed income, margin lending, and cash management services.
About TD Ameritrade Account
TD Ameritrade allows customers to open accounts and then use their online broker services. TD Ameritrade provides special offers for new account holders, including free trade for 60 days and up to $600 in rewards. Only with a TD Ameritrade account, can customers trade at TD Ameritrade when they log into their account.
By opening an account at TD Ameritrade, you can trade stocks at TD Ameritrade and receive TD Ameritrade’s special offers. What is more, you can open an account at TD Ameritrade’s website online, which is easy, fast and convenient.
How to open an account at TD Ameritrade?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- You need to have your Social Security or Tax ID number handy as well as your employer name and address.
- You need to have a valid checking or savings account number and your bank routing number if you want to fund your account electronically.
- Go to the TD Ameritrade website at www.ameritrade.com and click on the button marked “Open an Account”.
- Choose the “Yes” or “No” button to indicate whether you have already opened a TD Ameritrade account. Choose the type of account you want to open and then click on the button marked “Next”.
- Choose the purpose for this account, select an account profile, tick the box to indicate that you have read the TD Ameritrade Privacy Statement, and then click on the button marked “Next”.
- Enter your personal information into the required boxes or choose answers from the given choices, select your document delivery preferences, and then click on the button marked “Next”.
- Follow instructions to complete the account opening process.
- If you have any questions or problems, you can go to TD Ameritrade FAQ page at https://www.tdameritrade.com/faq/newaccount.html.
If you frequently trade stocks, mutual funds, ETF’s or make similar investments, you can go to open an account at TD Ameritrade which will help you to engage in online trading.